£30000 - £45000 per annum + benefits
almost 2 years ago
Product Category Manager / Product Marketing & Growth - personal care & adult products
- Location: Kent
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading global company that is producing revolutionary products in personal care (including adult category) and beauty technology. Many of the products are sold in top high street retailers and on Amazon.
This is a small marketing team therefore you wil have lots of visibility, autonomy and the opportunity to progress in the team for the long-term. You will be liaising with the NPD based in the USA, teams and retailers across EMEA and etailers such as Amazon. The role would suit an entrepreneurial individual who enjoys a varied, hands-on and strategic role and loves to see the results of their excellent marketing and product growth plans!
You will be responsible for:
- Developing 2-3 years product category plans and strategies with the Marketing Director.
- Identifying gaps in the market and exploiting with product positioning and strong retailer relationship management.
- Product manage new product launches working with internal and external stakeholders including the NPD based in the US.
- Set and review product prices alongside the Sales Director and agree on margins.
- Work with local marketing teams and distributors across EMEA providing support across promotional activities, POS, advertising, social media and package design.
- Trade marketing support for the UK supporting sales teams with customer presentations and POS activities.
- Seek out new opportunities to grow the personal care category.
- Monitor market trends and update key market info reports.
- Produce required literature e.g. catalogues and sales sheets, data sheets and technical specifications and ordering/distribution of product sample
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have previous, relevant product marketing, category management or trade marketing ideally within an international environment.
- Strategic brand/product planning ideally both UK and EU markets for category growth.
- Ability to forge strong relationships with retailers and etailers (Amazon)
- Experienced and confident communicator with proven presentation skills to internal and external stakeholders
- Good analytical skills, including ROI and market intelligence reporting
- Third party agency management experience
- Experienced negotiator (overseas negotiation an advantage)
- Driven and motivated attitude with ability to adapt quickly to change and manage priorities in a high paced challenging commercial environment.
Armstrong Lloyd specialises in marketing recruitment. We pride ourselves on candidate partnership, however often due to high volume applications we are unable to reply to all candidates at application stage. If you don't hear from us within 2 weeks of application it is likely you have not been shortlisted.