South West London
£28,000 - £30,000 per annum
4 months ago
Our client is a Membership Organisation in the Professional Services sector and they have a newly created opportunity within their Marketing team. This role would suit somebody who has managed a website and is passionate about content.
You will be responsible for managing the content of two websites and helping to use content to engage with audiences through social media. You will be responsible for publishing new content to the site, curating existing content and creating new rich media content - in particular graphics, video and audio material. You will be the guardian of all social media activity, using your expertise of Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook to help achieve the strategic goals.
- Work with product owners to ensure all content is written/ edited to style guidelines and uploaded content to using and other publishing tools (including Umbraco for websites)
- Review, edit and approve website content produced by other team members ensuring quality and consistent tone of voice. Advise/educate on content and copywriting best practice and suggest improvements to content authors.
- Select and update images and other rich media to enhance content.
- Liaise as necessary with external partners and suppliers (web development, editorial, database, creative agencies and content authors)
- Work alongside the marketing team to plan and post engaging content to social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) and drive traffic to the website
- Produce monthly reporting on social media performance.
- Use Google Analytics to review site traffic and identify areas of improvement.
- Monitor trends in visitor behaviour and make recommendations for improvements.
- Produce monthly reporting on website performance.
- Ensure content is accessible via search (within the site search and via search engines).
- Ensure website content and meta descriptions are regularly updated and improved for SEO purposes.
- Recommend ways to improve the website's performance in search.
Experience and skills required
- 3-5 years' experience in digital in a communications or marketing environment, working on websites and social media channels
- Excellent digital content/copy writing skills, including understanding of HTML
- Experience of using CMS packages ideally Umbraco or similar
- Experience of using Google Analytics
- Experience of utilising social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook) and monitoring/management tools (eg Hootsuite)
- Ability to analyse and report on website analytics, drawing out trends and investigating causes
- Experience of working with external agencies - web agency and writers
- Image editing skills using Photoshop (or similar)
Armstrong Lloyd is a marketing specialist recruitment services provider. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are not able to respond to each individual applicant, regrettably only those selected will be contacted.