£35000 - £40000 per annum + bonus & benefits
over 1 year ago
May, June or July
Product Manager / Product Category Manager
- Permanent Full-time
- B2C Beauty related Categories
- Lovely offices based in Kent
- Salary: Negotiable
- Start date negotiable, ideally June or July
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading B2C global company that is producing revolutionary products in personal, beauty and consumer electronics. A recognised brand both online and in top retailers globally.
This is a fairly small UK product and marketing team therefore you will have a good degree of visibility, autonomy and the opportunity to progress in the business for the long-term. Feedback on working environment from existing product and marketing team members we have placed is very positive and seen candidates successfully develop and progress upwards within the company.
You will be product managing existing products and supporting in the launch of exciting new produsts liaising with the NPD, trade marketing and sales teams based across Europe, USA and Middle East.
Occasional travel a few times a year to meet with the teams within Europe (Italy, France, Spain & Germany).
The role would suit an entrepreneurial, ambitious Product Manager / Category Manager or Product Marketer with B2C product experience, and someone who enjoys a role that combines both hands-on and strategic tasks working at all levels across the business globally.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing product category and brand marketing strategies for beauty portfolio.
- Managing an EMEA new product development (NPD) process bringing new products to market.
- Developing 2-3 years product category plans and strategies with the Marketing Director.
- Identifying gaps in the market and exploiting with product positioning and strong retailer relationship management.
- Set and review product prices alongside the Sales Director and agree on margins.
- Work with local marketing teams and distributors across EMEA providing support across promotional activities, POS, advertising, social media and package design.
- Trade marketing support for the UK supporting sales teams with customer presentations and POS activities.
- Seek out new opportunities to grow the category.
- Monitor market trends and update key market info reports.
Skills & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have previous, relevant product marketing, category management or trade marketing experience within the business to consumer B2C sector, ideally beauty but not essential.
- Strategic brand and product planning ideally both UK and global markets for category growth.
- Experienced and confident communicator with proven presentation skills to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ideally personal interest or experience in a beauty related category - not essential
- Good analytical skills, including reviewing ROI and market data.
- Third party agency management experience ideally.
- Experienced negotiator (overseas negotiation an advantage).
- Driven and motivated attitude with ability to adapt quickly to change and manage priorities in a high paced challenging commercial environment.
- Able to commute to the office in Kent - the office is a 30 minute walk or 15-20 minute bus journey from the local train station - free car parking is available.
Armstrong Lloyd specialises in marketing recruitment. We pride ourselves on candidate partnership, however often due to high volume applications we are unable to reply to all candidates at application stage. If you don't hear from us within 2 weeks of application, you have not been successful on this occasion.