£23,500 + benefits
10 months ago
Web / Ecommerce Assistant
Close to Balham train station
Circa £23,500 pa + benefits
Our client is an award-winning travel company entering high growth phase. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with website maintenance, online merchandising or web content/design experience to join a fast-moving and ambitious organisation supporting the ecommerce, digital product and online merchandising teams.
Duties will include:
- Support the ecommerce team with key site maintenance, content loading and CMS workload.
- Daily maintenance of the website across desktop, tablet, and mobile to ensure every product and piece of content is listed accurately, attractively, and in the right place at the right time in order to maximise sales, building new product pages when required.
- Leveraging your great relationships skills to form seamless working relationship with the product team and other key teams across the business.
- Establish the most effective, creative appearance and design of web pages using Best Practice from travel and non-travel sectors to optimise all pages in terms of usability and engagement
- Ensure that the site text, meta data, XML, tags are always optimised based on best practice and recommendations from the Search Manager.
- Monitor site alerts, such as spam, feed failures etc on a daily basis, and flag any issues
- Monitor and maintain customer forums
- Optimise promotional messaging and content-devising creative strategies and ideas to encourage immediate and repeat business
- Work with the Creative Team to review and refresh existing content (copy / images / video) on our website (including the homepage) ensuring integrity and consistency of content and customer journey
- Support the merchandising execs with weekly and monthly reporting routines on the performance of the website, particularly comparing and contrasting the performance of different types of holiday in different countries.
Skills, attributes and experience:
- You have experience in an eCommerce environment and a solid understanding of creative marketing (particularly onsite merchandising and associated technology)-you're comfortable with creative concepts and how they relate to site usability.
- You have a strong commercial acumen with the ability to use data to clearly demonstrate commercial success-you're a user of Google Analytics and a proficient Excel user.
- You're friendly and approachable, with an analytical mindset and the ability to prioritise your workload whilst maintaining a flexible and proactive approach to your responsibilities, whether you're working autonomously or as part of a team. Impressive organisation and communication is in your nature-you're full of initiative, painstakingly accurate, and you genuinely care about the details.
- Previous experience working with CMS as well as an appetite for cutting-edge online travel and online marketing is a distinctive advantage - not to mention a passion for the travel industry!