National Sickie Day
Karen Lloyd Marketing
It’s National Sickie Day today! According to national statistics, today is the day that people are most likely to pull a sickie. A combined set of factors are attributed to this, including the first payday since Christmas, and people re-evaluating their career path and possibly attending interviews.
Whilst it’s a serious issue and we never encourage anyone to throw a sickie, some of the reasons that people give are really just too funny. So, we scoured the web to find the funniest excuses for a bit of light relief this February.
- Well Kevin I won’t be able to make it in today, I’ve had a good few beers and I’m still half drunk here… @smudgeKK
- Phoned to say there had been a death in the family. Well it was my daughter’s hamster. It worked, well. @meestasam
- I did too much head banging at the weekend and hurt my neck @Aneetha1983
- A guy at my work rollerblades in. Once he rang saying he couldn’t come in as the wind was too strong and kept blowing him backwards. @DickonWaring
- Left the car at the top of the driveway and the handbrake failed and rolled down the drive into the house @danza109
- I dropped a book on my foot and now I can’t walk @imortalpramheda
- My husband can not come in as there was a spider in the bath and he slipped and hurt his leg. Link
- I said I got my hand shut in a car door and broke my hand, then faked a broken hand for a month. Link
- I said I had nits (head lice) once. I started scratching my head the day before. It worked like a charm. Link
- Had a friend call the office to say I had an allergic reaction to a bee sting; "he was taken to hospital". Placed a pocket knife on my calf and twisted it around a bit which gave it a mosquito bite looking affect. Just as well cause they asked me if they could see it the next day when I went in. Link